The Scottish Government has announced that they intend to extend their free flu vaccine this year to include everyone aged from 55 years old (previously 65yrs). As in previous years anyone under 65yrs old who is an at risk group will also be included. This year the households of anyone on the Shielding list will also be entitled to a vaccine.
Primary school children will be offered the vaccine in school and younger children aged 2-5 yrs by the Practice.
Those aged 50-54yrs will be vaccinated at a later date if vaccine supplies allow.
Unfortunately due to the current Covid-19 crisis we have had to adapt our usual flu vaccine programme. Please call us on 01854 612015 to book an appointment.
- We will hold our first flu clinics w/c 5th October 2020. Initially this will be for those aged 65yrs and over, those under 65yrs in an at risk group, members of a shielding household or children aged 2yrs-5yrs.
- We expect to have vaccine for those aged 55yrs-65yrs and NOT in an at risk group at some point in November. Further announcements will be made regarding this.
- Flu clinics will be held at the Health Centre in Ullapool and will be by appointment only; there will be no drop in clinics.
- We will be asking you to remain in your car until we bring you into the building, this will help to maintain social distancing.
- Please attend wearing a face mask or covering, for our safety and yours.
- There will be no toilet facilities or waiting room available, this is to limit the amount of touch points” and to reduce the risk of infection.